As promised, I am writing today to share more about my fraud experience in the hopes that it can save someone else from going through this very humiliating process. The data on fraud surprised me, and became a WHOA Baby.
“Fraud is considered white collar crime. An Illinois survey shows that 55.2% said that fraud crimes do more to undermine the morality of society than street crimes. More money is lost through white collar crime than as a result of street crime. National survey of fraud victimization show the total annual losses exceed $40 billion.”
This is from a report “Personal Fraud: the victims and the scams,” by Richard Titus of the National Institute of Justice.
Why did I get victimized? What I have reflected upon is as follows:
1) I was careless…my message is one that I believe anything is possible. I believe in miracles and was convinced it was my time to receive one. Because of that I did not thoroughly investigate the sources offering me this incredible opportunity.
2) I am not aware of these scams as I rarely listen to news. I stopped watching news regularly as a means to stay more positive, and create a healthy and uplifting world for myself.
3) I was susceptible to this offer because it touched me so deeply in my heart. The thought that I could be paid well to coach small groups of people who do not have access to such services was a miracle I wanted to believe in.
4) I am a risk taker, and therefore even more susceptible to these crimes.
5) Scams like this play on a person’s compassion and generosity and I fell for it hook, line and sinker, as they say.
6) Shocking, but true, 10-20% of people victimized in this way have chronic health problems and those vulnerable are the best targets.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT FRAUD:
1) Do your due diligence in investigating those in question. Call and speak to a live person, look at websites, get name, address, phone numbers.
2) DO NOT accept money orders. Tell them to make a wire transfer right into your account.
3) Insist on US checks
4) Do not rely on your bank for the best information. IF you deposit checks or money orders, be specific when the checks will clear NOT when the money is available.
The Organic and Orgasmic nature of this is that I am not resisting the truth, and am authentically sharing the story. Life is rich and juicy in many ways!
If this information helps 1 person…it will have been a good day!